Our forefathers would easily go into their 40’s and 50’s before encountering baldness and worrying about Hair Loss cures, but due to the increased stress and pollution in our lives today, even young men in their early 20’s have had their troubles with excessive hair loss. It’s not only the men though, women lead equally stressful lives and are more susceptible to hair loss due to excessive hair styling and coloring. So what should you do in case of a serious onset of baldness?
Here are some cures for baldness that work:
1. Pamper Your Hair: Be gentle and take good care of them. Even if you suffer from genetic or chronic hair loss, it is important that you give your hair the best chance of surviving and that can be achieved by being careful with your hair. Here are some pointers:
- Avoid excessive styling or coloring.
- Wash gently with a shampoo and use a hair conditioner.
- Avoid combing wet hair.
- Pat dry the hair after a shower. Do not use a towel to rub it callously.
- Minimize the use of hair dryers, hair straighteners etc.
2. Get Better Nutrition: Hair Loss can be thought of as the body’s way of telling you that there is something not quite right with it. It could be a reaction to the extreme stress you’ve had in your life recently or it could be a reaction to a physical incident like food poisoning. In cases like these it is important to get back on track with a diet rich in protein (as hair is made up of a protein called “keratin”) which will help rebuilding the hair cells. Vegetables, walnuts, cheese, almonds, curd and milk are some good-for-hair foods.
3. Reduce Stress: Stress damages all aspects of your existence and the only proven way to reduce it is to meditate everyday. It is said that if you laugh, sweat and meditate everyday then you equip your body to fight off all vices. It is important to get adequate sleep and exercise too.
4. Hot Oil Massage: Massaging your head increases the blood flow to the scalp and replenishes it with a fresh supply of oxygen. You can use any naturally occurring oil like coconut, olive or castor oil to massage your hair. It is even better if you can warm the oil a little bit before the massage.
5. Smoking is not just bad for your lungs: Quit SMOKING. It not only reduces your lifetime but its also a hindrance to beautiful healthy hair. The carcinogens in the smoke you inhale contain carbon monoxide which is known to render the blood cells unfit for carrying oxygen to different parts of the body. Apart from nutrients, oxygen is also required for fresh hair growth and you want your blood cells to carry as much of it as possible.
According to a popular men’s magazine, women find bald men to be more masculine and dominating. While academic research suggests that baldness can be linked to low self-esteem and anxiety issues. It’s up to you to decide which school of thought you believe in.Other more generic baldness cures include getting a hair transplant or wearing a wig. But we believe that making changes to your lifestyle and letting your hair naturally grow back is probably the best way to go about it. Another treatment is hair restoration. If you need, read “How much does hair restoration cost" for its cost.